Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list for “The Editor”, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
Chelone, the nymph who didn’t want to party, was condemned by Zeus to forever carry her home on her back for failing to attend his wedding. “Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home.” Transformed into a tortoise and sentenced to a lifetime of home confinement, Chelone has decorated her abode with the most decadent of details. The print is entirely produced on special metallic paper, which retains all the details of the original painting while imparting a luxurious sheen. The tortoise shell, octopus, and Chelone’s hair are dimensionally enhanced, and details on the shell and water are silkscreened in diamond dust. A custom embossment of a hermit crab completes the narrative.
- Print: 20-1/2″ tall × 18-1/2″ wide
- Image: 16 ″ tall × 14-1/2″ wide
- Printed on archival 310 gsm 100% cotton-rag paper with archival pigment-based ink
- Silkscreened enhancements
- Dimensional enhancements
- Embossed chop
- Signed and numbered by James Jean
- Release date: February 12th, 2019 at 8 AM PST
- Edition size: 1,103