Schrödinger's Kitten Rescue
Schrödinger's Kitten Rescue is a signed and numbered limited edition of giclée prints released to commemorate the opening of Azimuth, a solo exhibition by James at Kaikai Kiki Gallery in Tokyo, Japan. The print released 8:00 AM PDT on Friday, April 6 in a limited edition of only 350 pieces.
Schrödinger's Kitten Rescue was displayed as a billboard on Sawtelle Blvd. in Los Angeles, arranged by James as a nod to the neighborhood of Historic Japantown, while the original painting is on display in Tokyo at Kaikai Kiki Gallery. The painting contains a multifarious approach to image making, conflating various depictions of space and time into one plane. The addition of silkscreened gloss and foil stamping to the print expands upon James's interest in traversing genres and dimensions through the pictorial plane.
- Print: 25-3/4″ tall × 20-1/2″
- Image: 22-1/2 ″ tall × 18″
- Printed on archival 310 gsm 100% cotton-rag paper with archival pigment-based ink
- Silkscreened enhancement
- Foil stamping
- Holographic foil embossed chop
- Signed and numbered by James Jean
- Limited Edition of 350 pieces
- Release date: April 6th, 2018 at 8 AM PST
- Edition size: 350